- What Is Covered: Epson America, Inc. (“Epson”) warrants to the first end-user customer that the Epson® SureColor® Direct-to-Garment Series printer covered by this limited warranty statement, if purchased and used in the United States, Canada, or Puerto Rico, will conform to the manufacturer’s specifications and will be free from defects in workmanship and materials for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase (proof of purchase required), or three million (3,000,000) carriage passes, whichever occurs first (“Warranty Period”). This warranty is not transferable. Epson also warrants that the consumable ink cartridges enclosed with the engine will perform to the manufacturer’s specified usage, which usage may expire before the expiration of the limited warranty for the printer.
- What Epson Will Do To Correct Problems: Should your Epson® SureColor® Direct-to-Garment Series printer prove defective during the Warranty Period, please call the toll-free Epson Preferred support line identified in this booklet. This line will be answered during Epson’s regular support hours (currently, 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM Pacific Time, Monday through Friday—subject to change). When you call, please be prepared to provide the service technician with proof of purchase information including the unit serial number and original date of purchase. You may also need to provide proof of purchase if warranty coverage cannot be verified by the serial number. An Epson service technician will work with you to try to resolve the problem, and if your printer needs repair, diagnose the issue and determine what parts may be required. If service is required, the On-Site Response service program will be utilized in almost all cases. The technician will provide additional instructions about the program at the time this service is being set up. In rare cases, at its sole discretion, Epson may instead elect to exchange the unit. For highlights of the programs, please see “On-Site Response” and “Printer Exchange.” When service involves the exchange of a unit or its parts, the items replaced become the property of Epson. The new items assume the remaining Warranty Period of the original Product. The replacement unit and parts may be new or remanufactured to Epson standards.
- On-Site Response: If Epson determines that a warranted hardware defect requires repair and you are within Epson’s on-site service territory, an Epson Authorized Servicer will be contacted to make the repair at your facility. Epson will usually dispatch repair parts and a technician to your location for the next business day if determination that repair is required occurs prior to 1:00 PM Pacific Time. If that determination is made after 1:00 PM Pacific Time, dispatch will usually be for the second business day. An adult must be available to accept the parts delivery and be present at all times while a technician is on-site. Epson’s shipment of service parts does not imply that replacement is required.
- Printer Exchange: Epson may, at its sole discretion, elect to replace a printer that for whatever reason appears to require technical services beyond the capability of field repair. Under these rare circumstances, Epson will replace the printer with the same or a comparable printer refurbished to the Epson standard of quality. (The replacement printer will not include promotional materials, accessories, 4 stands, documentation, manuals, software, or cables.) The customer must be able to receive, unpack, and install the replacement printer, and prepare the defective printer for return shipment by following the procedures described in the user manual or documentation provided by Epson.
The repacked defective printer will be picked up by a carrier designated by Epson. If the defective product is not returned within seven (7) business days of receipt of the replacement printer, the customer will be invoiced at the price of the replacement printer. If the unit is returned damaged because you have not properly packed or shipped it, you will be billed for the damage. It is your responsibility to unpack, re-install optional components, and set up the exchange printer at your location. Epson does not cover damage caused by improper installation.
- What This Warranty Does Not Cover: This warranty does not cover damage to the Epson product caused by parts or supplies not manufactured, distributed or certified by Epson. Consumables, supplies, accessories, other expendable items, such as rollers or pads and items identified as being replaceable by the user in the User’s Guide/documentation, are not covered under this warranty. Consumables are items that wear out under normal use and must be replaced by the end user as needed. Other items that are not covered are excluded below.
A. Standard Exclusions:
- Any damage caused by misuse, abuse, improper installation, neglect, failure to maintain, improper packing or shipping, disasters such as fire, flood, lightning, improper electrical currents, software problems, or interaction with non-Epson products.
- Any damage caused by use of non-Epson inks, ink cartridges or ink delivery systems in the printer.
- Any damage caused by using non-Epson media (except for media expressly recommended by Epson).
- Any damage, maintenance or service arising from excessive or continuous use.
- Any damage caused by, or any service for, third-party software, applications, parts, components or peripheral devices added to the product after its shipment from Epson, such as dealer or user-added boards, components, or cables.
- Any damage caused by installing the printer next to a heat source or directly in the path of an air vent or air conditioner.
- Service when the printer is used outside the U.S., Canada, or Puerto Rico.
- Service where the printer label, logo, rating label, or serial number has been removed.
- Any damage from service performed by other than an Epson Authorized Servicer
- Any service or replacement of consumable items or maintenance consumables, such as ink cartridges, ink supply units, ink packs, pick-up rollers, ADF rollers.
- Any cosmetic damage or wear to product casings or covers.
- Any color change or fading of printed media, garments, or reimbursement of materials or services required for reprinting.
- Any product or parts purchased as used, refurbished, or reconditioned.
- Any damage caused by using improper packaging materials or improper packaging and shipping when returning a product for repair or replacement. You will be invoiced for such shipping damages to product.
B. Product Specific Exclusions:
- There is no warranty coverage once the printer has reached three million (3,000,000) carriage passes
- Any damage caused by using non-suitable garments
- Any service for replacement of consumable maintenance accessories
- Any damage caused by improper use, neglect or improper performance of user-level maintenance. Refer to official Epson documentation, including your User’s Guide and see the Maintenance section of your User’s Guide for in-depth maintenance instruction. The user-level maintenance includes the following items:
- Clean suction caps (recommended: as needed)
- Replace head cleaning set (recommended: when notification appears on front panel)
- Clean around head (recommended: when replacing head cleaning set or as needed)
- Replace waste ink bottle (recommended: when notification appears on front panel, or as needed)
- Remove, shake and reinsert all installed ink cartridges (recommended: once a day for white, once a month for color cartridges)
- If you will not use the printer for one month or more, perform Prolonged Storage maintenance operation
- Clean platen and platen frame (recommended: as needed)
- Replace air filter (recommended: as needed)
- Clean encoder strip (recommended: as needed)
- If cartridges are cold, let them warm to room temperature before using (recommended: 4 hours or more)
- Perform Tube Washing - white ink only (recommended: when notification appears on front panel)
- Do not touch green IC chip on cartridges
- Store cartridges flat
- Cleaning of ink mist. Some ink mist is normal; proper platen height settings will reduce ink mist.
Note: If a claimed defect cannot be identified or reproduced in service, you will be held responsible for costs incurred.
- DISCLAIMER OF OTHER WARRANTIES:EPSON’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE LIABILITY AND YOUR
EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY SHALL BE LIMITED TO EITHER, AT
EPSON’S OPTION, REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS SET FORTH ABOVE. THE WARRANTY AND
REMEDY PROVIDED ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED
WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
SOME LAWS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. IF THESE LAWS
APPLY, THEN ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED TO THE WARRANTY
PERIOD IDENTIFIED ABOVE. UNLESS STATED HEREIN, ANY STATEMENTS OR
REPRESENTATION MADE BY ANY OTHER PERSON OR FIRM ARE VOID. SOME STATES DO
NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG IMPLIED WARRANTIES LAST, SO THE ABOVE
LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES; EPSON’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT SHALL EPSON OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY LOST PROFITS, COST OF SUBSTITUTE EQUIPMENT, DOWNTIME, CLAIMS OF THIRD
PARTIES, INCLUDING CUSTOMERS, OR INJURY TO PROPERTY, RESULTING FROM THE USE
OR INABILITY TO USE THE EPSON PRODUCT, WHETHER RESULTING FROM BREACH OF
WARRANTY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. IN NO EVENT SHALL EPSON OR ITS AFFILIATES
BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND IN EXCESS OF THE ORIGINAL RETAIL PURCHASE
PRICE OF THE PRODUCT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF
INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY
- Disputes, Arbitration, Governing Laws:
- Both you and Epson agree that any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to Epson products or services or this agreement, shall be resolved by arbitration on an individual, non-class, non-representative basis, rather than in court. The arbitration shall be governed by the rules of JAMS that are in effect when the arbitration is filed, excluding any rules that permit arbitration on a class or representative basis and under the rules set forth in this agreement. The arbitrator, and not any federal, state, or local court or agency shall have the exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability, or formation, including but not limited to, any claim that all or any part is void or voidable. JAMS rules are available at http://www.jamsadr.com or by calling 1-800-352-5267. Disputes shall be resolved by a single neutral arbitrator, and both parties shall have a reasonable opportunity to participate in the selection of the arbitrator. If you wish, you may appear at the arbitration by phone. The arbitrator is bound by the terms of this agreement.
- Pre-Arbitration Steps and Notice. Before submitting a claim for arbitration, you agree to try, for sixty (60) days, to resolve any dispute informally by contacting us at [email protected] Please include your name, address and contact information, the facts giving rise to the dispute, and the relief requested. You agree to act in good faith to resolve the dispute, but if you and Epson do not reach a resolution within the sixty (60) days, you may commence an arbitration.
- Opt-out. You may elect to opt-out (exclude yourself) from the final, binding, individual arbitration procedure and waiver of class and representative proceedings specified in this agreement by sending a written letter to Epson America, Inc., ATTN: Legal Department, 3840 Kilroy Airport Way, Long Beach, CA 90806, within thirty (30) days of your purchase of the Epson products and/or services that specifies (i) your name, (ii) your mailing address, and (iii) your request to be excluded from the final, binding individual arbitration procedure and waiver of class and representative proceedings specified in this Section 8. In the event that you opt-out consistent with the procedure set forth above, all other terms shall continue to apply, including the requirement to provide notice prior to litigation.
- There is no judge or jury in arbitration and your grounds for appeal are limited, however, the arbitrator is empowered to grant relief and award you the same damages as a court could, including declaratory or injunctive relief. Judgment on the arbitration may be entered in any court having jurisdiction.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may bring an individual action in a small claims court of your state or municipality if the action is within that court’s jurisdiction and is pending only in that court.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, we also both agree that you or we may bring suit in court to enjoin infringement or other misuse of trademark, patent infringement, copyright, or trade secret.
- Any action must be brought within one (1) year of the expiration of the warranty.
- If any provision in this Section 8 is found to be unenforceable, that provision shall be severed with the remainder of this agreement remaining in full force and effect. The foregoing shall not apply to the prohibition against class or representative actions. This means that if Section I (below) is found to be unenforceable, the entire Section 8 (but only Section 8) shall be null and void.
- We each agree that any dispute resolution proceedings will be conducted only on an
individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action.
- This Section 8 is governed by the Federal Arbitration Act.
- Other Provisions:
- Other Rights You May Have: This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
- Warranties in Canada: In Canada, warranties include both warranties and conditions.
- Governing Law: Except for Section 8, for any claims subject to arbitration, you and Epson agree that the law of the state where you reside shall govern.
- Venue: Except for claims subject to arbitration pursuant to Section 8, in the event of a dispute you and Epson both consent to the jurisdiction of your state of residence or, if none, Los Angeles, California.
Purchasing Extended Service: the Epson Preferred
The Epson Preferred Limited Warranty Plan offers premium warranty service during your warranty coverage period (the first to occur of 1 year, or three million [3,000,000] carriage passes). We’d like to inform you of the opportunity to continue enjoying Epson service after the end of this warranty through our Preferred Plus Plan—Epson’s extended service contract for the Epson® SureColor® Direct-to-Garment Series printer. The Preferred Plus Plan provides continued access to our toll-free priority technical support line, and on-site hardware service for your Epson printer. Epson’s extended service contracts do not extend the carriage pass limitation; see current terms at time of purchase. The Preferred Plus Plan must be purchased before expiration of your original warranty coverage.